I read somewhere that Americans have become unhealthier statistically because of the recession. WTF??

You don't need money to exercise! I'm going to try and show that you can get in to shape without spending money - use your environment creatively and you can succeed in attaining better health. My dad is a retired coach and P.E. teacher, and much to his chagrin I've been a lazy ass my whole life. Maybe I can finally put his knowledge to good use, as well as shape up and make him proud!

If you have a creative idea to share be sure to let me know ! I'll post the best photos/videos/links here.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Alcohol

Alcohol consumption is a very complex topic in health and fitness.  There is strong data to suggest MODERATE consumption (like a glass of wine or two a day) is actually really good for you.  I hate wine, and unless I'm in Germany, beer is nothing I'm interested in.  I really am not much of a drinker, and the older I get the lower my alcohol tolerance seems to be.  Obviously beer and mixed drinks are very calorie rich, so stick to shots of clear straight alcohol.  If that's too hard core for you (I generally do straight shots of tequila when I'm in the mood for intoxication, but I've got a cowboy reputation to uphold) something like a Bacardi and Diet Coke only has 66 calories, for example, so you can still party with a clear (if not alcohol addled) conscience.  Frankly this is a silly topic for me as if I am drinking, its to get silly - but that takes only a tiny bit less alcohol than making me feel like crap, and puking.  I'm avoiding alcohol in 2011 but thought I'd just give my two cents on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment