I read somewhere that Americans have become unhealthier statistically because of the recession. WTF??

You don't need money to exercise! I'm going to try and show that you can get in to shape without spending money - use your environment creatively and you can succeed in attaining better health. My dad is a retired coach and P.E. teacher, and much to his chagrin I've been a lazy ass my whole life. Maybe I can finally put his knowledge to good use, as well as shape up and make him proud!

If you have a creative idea to share be sure to let me know ! I'll post the best photos/videos/links here.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The couch is for guests

I don't buy snacks or watch TV.  This amazes people.  But I've spent a lifetime watching people struggle with weight issues, and yet every day sit on the couch watching TV while munching on chips.  Double duh.  I have made it virtually impossible in my home to replicate this behaviour.  I don't subscribe to any television services, nor do I purchase snacks.  Why?  Because I know my limitations and would happily sit on the couch and empty a bag of Lays Classics every day!  I do not do anything in 'moderation' so why even set the stage for such waistline-increasing behavior?  Know who you are, and just own it.  I understand myself, and that everything to me is a 'single serving'.  Yes, I can plow through a bag of chips like no one's business, while sitting zombie-like in a little happy-monkey trance in front of the boob tube.  I know this.  When I visit friends with TVs they have to pry me away, because I focus like an awestruck minion praying to the golden idol.  So no such altar in my home!  My methods are extreme, but so is my personality.  Managing my vices is difficult, but this one I've mastered.  I highly suggest you do the same. You might be surprised at how much time you spend in front of the TV once you stop doing it.  What will you do with those extra hours?  Whatever it is, don't snack!!  Your body will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment