I read somewhere that Americans have become unhealthier statistically because of the recession. WTF??

You don't need money to exercise! I'm going to try and show that you can get in to shape without spending money - use your environment creatively and you can succeed in attaining better health. My dad is a retired coach and P.E. teacher, and much to his chagrin I've been a lazy ass my whole life. Maybe I can finally put his knowledge to good use, as well as shape up and make him proud!

If you have a creative idea to share be sure to let me know ! I'll post the best photos/videos/links here.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Water Jug Workout

I remember as a kid reading some article in Boys Life or other Boy Scouting literature about tips and tricks for exercising around the house.  Little things like crumpling up all of the newspaper in to tight paper wads I still remember.  It also spoke about using water jugs as free weights.  The idea must still hold merit, as this months Dirt Rider magazine has a page spread about using a water jug in exercise routines!!  Well I finally had a chance to create my own version - filling milk jugs with concrete!  Water weighs 8.3 lbs a gallon, and my concrete jugs measure in about six pounds heavier.  Plus I don't have to worry about them exploding water all over (I am terribly clumsy / unlucky).  So I have added these ghetto-weights to my daily regimine.  Making the concrete versions was super messy, so maybe a simple water jug is the better 'laymans' thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment