I read somewhere that Americans have become unhealthier statistically because of the recession. WTF??

You don't need money to exercise! I'm going to try and show that you can get in to shape without spending money - use your environment creatively and you can succeed in attaining better health. My dad is a retired coach and P.E. teacher, and much to his chagrin I've been a lazy ass my whole life. Maybe I can finally put his knowledge to good use, as well as shape up and make him proud!

If you have a creative idea to share be sure to let me know ! I'll post the best photos/videos/links here.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Army Strong

I have good and bad associations when it comes to physical fitness.  I was a chubby kid in braces, so I hated P.E..  I was exempt most of my childhood actually from participating in any physical activity due to my clubbed feet and scoliosis.  So when I did need to do something athletic, it was pretty miserable as I was fat and out of shape.  Exercise seemed very military to me too, and I never saw anything in the media to suggest it was a pleasant activity to participate in - one of the reasons I'd hoped to steer clear of any inscription.  The Army however just wants fit people to send in as cannon fodder, so I don't think I would ever have been drafted.  Anyway now I'd like to use that benchmark as a test - see if I can hit it at some point in my life.  Click here to read about the updated physical fitness exam the Army uses.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck trying out the new pt test coming out... like... lets see being able to standing long jump your height, new requirements for push ups, rowers, and 60 meter sprints, not to mention the obstacle course with a buddy carry at the end. Good luck. And thanks for the canon fodder quip butthole :)

    ReplyDelete