I read somewhere that Americans have become unhealthier statistically because of the recession. WTF??

You don't need money to exercise! I'm going to try and show that you can get in to shape without spending money - use your environment creatively and you can succeed in attaining better health. My dad is a retired coach and P.E. teacher, and much to his chagrin I've been a lazy ass my whole life. Maybe I can finally put his knowledge to good use, as well as shape up and make him proud!

If you have a creative idea to share be sure to let me know ! I'll post the best photos/videos/links here.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Seek, and Ye Shall Find

Whenever I run, I find my inner voice hunting for excuses; "My knee hurts, let's stop.".  Or "I have that chore I need to do...", or "my left butt-cheek is falling off...", or whatever....  I will keep trying to find a reason that is 'acceptable', that if I had to present it to the league of Jedi's or something I'd get a pass.  But that is a horrible thing to do - if you go looking for an excuse eventually you will find one, and that isn't the point.  Generally I just keep podding along, ignoring the whiny inner monologue and look for reason's to continue.  There are always reason's to keep pushing - everything from personal health to revenge, its in there too if you look. Search for the reason's to continue, not to quit.  Picture your success, not your failure.  If I get in a real funk, I look at photos of the kids.  Do I want to attend their future wedding receptions in a wheelchair dragging an oxygen tank, or do I hope to embarass the holy hell out of them with my spastic body moves on the dance floor??  I think I'll choose the latter.  Bound to be more fun.  For me, especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment